Rice is easy to make in any pot. The simple use of different spices can change its use or what it accents.
- chicken stock (optional)
- onion or garlic (optional)
- lime and cilantro (optional, for a Mexican taste)
- Add some amount of rice to a pot that has a cover.
- Add twice as much liquid to the same pot. Water is typical, but for extra flavor, use stock or broth.
- If desired, dice onion or garlic and mix into rice.
- Cover the pot, put it on the stove and turn the heat on the highest level.
- As soon as you hear the water beginning to bubble and boil over, turn the heat down to low and allow it to simmer.
- Wait for twenty minutes or so until the liquid has evaporated and the rice will be ready.
For Mexican rice
For Mexican rice, you might want to avoid cooking in stock to avoid taste clashes.
- Dice up some cilantro.
- Mix in cilantro to finished rice, along with some squeezes of lime juice.
Recipe tags: basic rice side fasting