- chicken breasts
- two or three onions (preferably red)
- adobo seasoning
- cheese (either shredded Mexican blend or crumbling cheese)
- small tortillas
- cilantro, tomato, lettuce, other desired taco contents
- Quarter two onions and spread on the bottom of a slow-cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on top of onions.
- Season slow-cooker contents liberally with adobo seasoning, paprika and any other desired seasonings, squeeze half of a lime too if desired.
- Let cook on low for 8 hours. Cooking on high for less time is possible as well, but a slower cook is preferable.
- Dice the tomato, cilantro, any lettuce and the third onion for taco contents.
- Shred chicken with forks once cooked. Optionally add a dash more seasoning for taste or appearance.
- Add chicken, cheese and all the diced ingredients to tortillas.
- Squeeze remainder of lime over finished product.
- Luke Smith
Mexican · Chicken · Slowcooked