Potato Leek Soup
- ⏲️ Prep time: 15 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 1 hour 20 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 2
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large leeks
- 1 quart chicken or veggie stock
- 11 ounces peeled and sliced waxy potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- (optional) ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- (optional) ½ tablespoon dill weed
- Chop the white to light-green part of the leek into moderately sized pieces and discard the dark-green ends.
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium-low heat, add chopped leeks and potatoes. Stir until leeks are sweat.
- Add stock, bay leaf, pepper and optional ingredients now. Raise heat to medium-high, simmer until potatoes are tender.
- After removing the pot from the heat, remove the bay leaf and immersion blend pot until you reach a desired consistency.
- Stir in heavy cream and salt to taste.
- Cactar - website
Recipe tags: potato soup vegetables cheesefare