Very filling egg dish that’s easy, fast, and can be eaten at any meal. Any other types of vegetables can be added, this is just what I use the most
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings:4-6
- 4-6 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Thinly sliced meat (prosciutto, shaved chicken, sandwich steak, etc.) (Optional)
- Shredded cheese of choice (Optional)
- Dice peppers and onions and saute in an oven safe pan at medium heat.
- Add in meat to the pan and set oven to low broil.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Add in egg mixture to the pan and mix together until even.
- Cook egg and vegetable mixture in pan until eggs begin to firm up and edges begin to pull away. Place into oven
- Keep in Oven until completely firm. At this point you can add shredded cheese on top and put back into the oven until melted (about 2 more minutes)
- Flip out of pan and cool to room temperature to ensure settling.
- Other good vegetables include spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli rabe
- If adding tomatoes, try to keep as much of the juice out to prevent it from being too watery and falling apart
- An easy way to get it out of the pan is flip upside down on to a plate and then flip again onto another plate/cooling rack
- It is possible to use ground meat as well, but it may have to cook a bit longer in the over to ensure firmness.