Precooked thick wheat noodles are typically found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. Preparing soba noodles is a worthy substitute.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 15 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 10 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 3
- 10 oz Precooked Thick Wheat Noodles
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil or other suitable frying oil
- 6 oz Firm Tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 Carrot, julienned
- 2 cups Small Broccoli Florets
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup Roasted Cashews
- Loosen the precooked noodles by soaking in a bowl of hot water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and 2 Tbsp water in a bowl.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and stir-fry the carrot and broccoli for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for a minute.
- Stir through the noodles and then add the sauce mixture and cashews and mix until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Joel Maxuel