Simple chinese inspired sticky porkchops.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 3 hours
- 🍳 Cook time: 10 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 4 Pork chops
- 2 heaped tbsp Set honey
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Soy sauce
- Ginger (thumb sized piece), sliced
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- Fill a shallow dish with soy sauce to about half the thickness of your porkchops. The level shouldn’t be able to fully submerge them.
- Mix in the honey until fully combined with the soy sauce, then mix in the garlic, ginger and chinese five spice.
- Place your porkchops in the dish, then flip them.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm, then chill in the fridge for 1h 30mins.
- Take the dish out of the fridge, flip the porkchops, then recover the dish and chill for a further 1h 30mins.
- Heat some olive oil (vegetable oil should be fine too) in a pan over medium heat, then place your porkchops in the pan and cook for 10-15mins or until cooked through.
- Take the porkchops out the pan, then rest for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.
- Jake Keast