A delicious spicy pasta dish, super easy to make. I’m a student and it’s relatively cheap for how much food you get. I found it in a newspaper a while back and thought I’d share it with you guys because it’s my favourite meal. I also like to drink the excess red wine while cooking which adds to the enjoyment of cooking.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 50 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 2 red onions, chopped
- Olive oil
- 6 spicy Italian sausages
- 1 sprig rosemary, needles finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- A large glass of red wine (approx. 250ml)
- 2 x 400g tins chopped plum tomatoes
- 300g pasta, preferably penne
- 50g parmesan
- 300ml double cream
- Fry red onions with a splash of oil in a deep frying pan. Add the sausage meat (discarding the casings if need be). Add the rosemary and chilli
- Increase the heat and break up the sausage meat with a wooden spoon. Once meat has browned, pour in red wine and reduce by half. Add the chopped tomatoes and reduce the sauce, uncovered, for about 30 mins. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Grate the parmesan into a bowl. Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce with the parmesan, double cream and some seasoning.
- Serve :)
- Thomas Cotter