- ⏲️ Prep time: 60 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 6
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 cup + 2 1/2 Tbsp Butter, divided
- Up to 1/3 cup Water, chilled
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 14 ounces Smoked Salmon, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 5 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- Combine all pastry ingredients in a food processor (mix flour and butter, then add water gradually while mixing).
- Gather into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Saute onion until shiny in the butter.
- Stir in salmon, chives, garlic, and basil. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roll out the dough to fit a 10" tart pan. Prick with a fork.
- Arrange the salmon mixture in the pre-baked tart shell.
- Whisk eggs with milk and cream, season with pepper and pour in the tart shell.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 325F, until puffed and golden.
- Joel Maxuel