Shrimp fettuccine alfredo is one of the best tasting and low effort dishes. The recipe i give below yields an alfredo sauce that is a bit on the thicker side. If you want a thinner sauce, adding a touch or two more milk will thin out the sauce. This is a great meal for 3-4 people or you can eat one serving and freeze the rest for 2-3 more dinners.
- Prep time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook time: 10-20 minutes (Noodles take most of the time)
- Servings: 3-4
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1lb uncoocked peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cup milk (more milk for thinner sauce)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pasta noodles of choice (e.g. approximately 9oz of fettuccine noodles)
Initial Preparation (5-10 minutes)
- Grate your Parmesan Cheese
- Peel your shrimp
The dish has two main parts–the Pasta and the Alfredo Sauce. In order that you can have both finish about the same time, I have given estimates on the individual cook times.
Preparing the Pasta (10-20 minutes)
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil.
- Turn down to medium heat (Simmering).
- Add your pasta noodles.
Preparing the Alfredo Sauce (7-10 minutes)
- In a large frying pan, add butter, garlic powder, and shrimp.
- On medium heat, sauté ingredients until shrimp are cooked.
- Then add the cream cheese broken into chunks.
- Stir until creamy.
- Once cream cheese is to sauce consistency, add milk.
- Stir until light simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese and continue stirring.
- Stir until cheese is mixed.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain cooked pasta noodles.
- Serve the strained noodles on a plate and top with alfredo sauce.
- Sergey Bilovytskyy