This recipe is derived from Smokin' & Grillin' wit AB – youtube
- ⏲️ Prep time: 5 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 20 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 2-3
- 2 lbs Large/Jumbo Shrimp
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 1 cup Un-Cooked Grits
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Creole / Cajun seasoning
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Add bacon to hot pan. Meanwhile, in separate pot , bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add grits to chicken broth and stir. Cover and simmer per instructions on box.
- Once grits are done, add butter plus salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined.
- Add cheese. Stir until combined.
- Once bacon is done, keep bacon fat in the pan. Add shrimp and fry on medium-high heat
- Add Creole seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic and toss.
- Fry until shrimp turns white on each side which is about 5-7 minutes total.
- In a bowl, serve shrimp and bacon over grits. Top with parsley.