Warm up your stock with raw shrimp shells to infuse additional flavour, if desired. Serve dish with french bread and your favourite beer.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 20 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 40 min
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 3/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Diced Andouille (or Chirozo sausage)
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1/2 cup Diced Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Diced Celery
- 1/2 cup Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup Enriched Long Grain Rice
- 1-1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 cup Diced Chicken (cooked or raw)
- 1-1/2 cup Medium Shrimp
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Italian Parsley
- 3 Tbsp Finely Sliced Green Onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the seasoning mix (herbs, salt, pepper).
- Mix together the Holy Trinity (onion, celery, bell pepper).
- In a Cast Iron Durch Oven, melt the butter over medium heat, add the Andouille and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add 1/2 of the Holy Trinity, cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for one minute. Add the tomato sauce and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock, remaining Holy Trinity, seasoning mix, Worcestershire, and the garlic.
- Taste the broth for seasoning, particularly salt.
- Add the chicken, stir well and put the pot in the preheated oven. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the raw shrimp, parsley, and green onions - place back into oven for another 10 minutes (or until the shrimp is cooked through).
- Joel Maxuel