Quick Breakfast Spaghetti
A quick breakfast spaghetti recipe that covers a healthy amount of carbs, fat, and spices. Eggs and/or bacon can be added to cover some protein, you should cook those while the boiler is cooking the spaghetti for time efficiency.
- Spaghetti (any kind you prefer)
- Ground spices (I like to use cumin, tumeric, paprika, and garlic)
- Tomato Paste/Sauce (preferably one with basil and without preservative)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil some water fully and prepare a pot.
- While the water is boiling, add all your spices in the pot with the spaghetti on top.
- Pour the boiled water on the spaghetti to make it soft so you can immerse it fully in the water.
- Mix thoroughly the water with the spices and salt and pepper if needed.
- Place the pot on the stove, keep it boiling, and stir every minute or two for 8 minutes.
- It should take no more than 8 minutes, but you can check if it is fully cooked by tasting one piece at a time.
- Once it is fully cooked, strain the water from the pot and keep the spaghetti in.
- Before placing it back on the stove, add and mix a generous amount of olive oil. Now’s the time to add bacon or turkey if you are also using that.
- While stirring the spaghetti, add your tomato sauce or paste and keep mixing for a minute and avoid letting it stick to the boiler.
- Pour the spaghetti out in your favorite bowl and enjoy!
- Sadoon AlBader - website
Recipe tags: breakfast pasta