Quiche Lorraine - Lothringer Käsetorte
- ⏲️ Prep time: 160 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 200g Flour (full sight)
- 100g Butter or Margarine
- 5 Tablespoons of Water
- 200g of Ham (alternatively cooked ham)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cream
- 125g grinded Edamer Cheese
- For the Baking Tin: More Butter and Flour
- Spread some butter on a 26cm Ø or two smaller baking tins and cover it with flour
- Sieve the flour, mingle the butter/margarine in small flakes.
- Form a depression in the middle of the flour and add spoons of water.
- Mix all ingredients by hand until the dough becomes a homogenious mass.
- Wrap the dough in aluminium foil and let it rest in the fridge for two hours (around -4 °C).
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Spread the dough on a flour-covered surface. Roll it until it has a thickness of around 4mm. Form a crust on the sides.
- Use a fork to prick the dough for a more thorough heat penetration.
- Cut the ham in slices and distribute them evenly on the dough.
- Divide the yolk from the egg white.
- Whisk the yolk with cream.
- Add the grinded cheese.
- Whisk the egg white until it becomes foamy. Add it to the yolk-pepper-salt-cheese mixture.
- Cover the ham in the baking tin with the mixture. Equalize the surface.
- Bake the Quiche in the oven on the middle rail for 30 minutes.
- After baking leave it to rest for a few minutes, then serve while it’s still warm.
I recommend serving it with a glass of white wine.
- Benjamin H