Serves many people or one person for many days.
- Potatoes (yellow or brown), I don’t count but 10+
- Butter, a stick or two
- Whole Milk
- Cheese (optional)
- Onion Greens (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Bake the potatoes at 450° for about an hour.
- Take them out and leave them to cool for a good 10 minutes.
- Begin heating up a big pot to about medium temperature, and put the butter in to melt.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop them directly into the pot.
- Once you are finished with that, begin mashing them until they are a nice mashed-potato-like consistency.
- Add milk little by little, stirring as you go, until you reach the desired consistency. I usually use half a gallon or so.
- Shred cheese into the soup. Then add garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion greens, and anything else you can think of.
- Let the soup reach a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve.
- I usually eat it with sour cream mixed in to cool it down and get that extra dairy in.