- ⏲️ Prep time: 5 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 20 min
- Olive oil
- Chilli flakes or diced chilli peppers
- Crushed garlic cloves
- Crushed tomatoes (about 800 gramms for 500 gramms of pasta)
- Chopped parsley
- Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano (optional, but highly recommended)
- Start heating up water for the pasta.
- Heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil over low heat.
- Crush several cloves of garlic into the olive oil, add the chilli flakes or chilli peppers and fry them for a short time, while being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add your crushed tomatoes, together with some salt and pepper, increase the heat to medium and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until it looks nicely thickened.
- When the water starts boiling, put a handful of salt into it and then your pasta of choice. Ideally leave the pasta slightly undercooked, because it will go in the hot sauce and finish cooking there.
- When the sauce is almost ready, add most of your chopped parsley and stir it around. Save some to top the dish later.
- When the pasta is ready (ideally at the same time as the sauce or slightly later), strain it and add it to the sauce, which should be off the heat. If the sauce looks a bit too thick, add some of the pasta water. Mix well.
- Add some of the grated cheese of your choice and stir it in.
- Serve with some more grated cheese and chopped parsley on top.