Raitha is an yogurt-based Indian style sauce that goes great with rice dishes such as Pilau and Biriyani. It’s quite similar to a greek Tzatziki and is quick and quite easy to make. It’s great especially with super spicy indian dishes as it provides as a sweet and cooling effect.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 2 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 500 gm of Greek Yogurt
- One Red onion
- 50 gm of Cucumber
- Sprigs of Mint
- Dash of Honey
- Hint of Chilli Powder (Spicy option)/ Hint of sugar (Sweet option)
- Chop the onion into tiny cubes (0.5-1cm or 3/8 inches sized cubes)
- Slice the cucumber into tiny strips (Julienne). Hand crush the mint.
- Prep the serving bowl with yogurt and add the onions and cucumber.
- Add the mint, honey, 1 tsp of salt and the sugar/chilli powder (Depending on the sweet/spicy choice)
- Mix well and serve. Garnish with additional mint as required.
- Ram Pari