- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: ≈ 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4 Omelets
- 2 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1 tablespoon butter, or margarine
- 4 egg yolks, beaten until thick
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff
- Cheddar Cheese (optional for Cheese Omelet)
- Add tapioca, salt and pepper to milk; cook in double boiler 15 minutes or until tapioca is clear and mixture thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add butter.
- Allow it to cool; combine with egg yolks, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Set oven for moderate 350°F.
- Pour egg mixture into hot buttered frying pan.
- Cook over low heat 3 minutes.
- Transfer to oven; bake 15 minutes.
- Omelet is done when an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cut across at right angles to handle of pan, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fold carefully from handle to opposite side and serve on hot platter.
For Cheese Omelet
- Add 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar Cheese just before folding in egg whites.
- Before putting omelet in oven, sprinkle top with an additional 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
Eggs · Quick · Cheesefare