Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 20 Minutes Servings: 2
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (spaghetti or any other long noodle will work. Stroganov can also be served over rice.)
- 12 oz mushrooms (I reccommend shitake, but white, portabello, or maitake will also work.)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp general purpose flour
- 1 Cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 4 Tbsp creme fraiche (can be made by mixing equal parts heavy and sour cream)
- 2 Tbsp parsely
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente
- In a cup, combine flour, mustard, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add broth and whisk until no lumps remain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium skillet and over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add onions and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until all water evaporates and mushrooms are slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the flour and broth mixture into the mushrooms and cook until thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in Creme Fraiche.
- Add the strained pasta to the mushroom sauce and stir to coat the pasta completely.
- Serve immediately.