Mayonnaise or aioli
Aioli is just mayonnaise with garlic. This recipe uses raw eggs, so if that is sketchy in your region use pasteurized eggs 🥚.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 2 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 1 min
- 1 egg, preferably at room temperature
- 2.5 dl/ 1 cup neutral oil
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp pickle juice (optional)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic for aioli, don’t include for mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- Place egg, vinegar, mustard a pinch of salt and pepper in a beaker or narrow and tall container. Add diced garlic for aioli.
- Add oil as the very last ingredient. It should be on the top of the other ingredients, or the mayonnaise/aioli could seperate.
- Place hand blender at the very bottom. Dont start it yet.
- Use full power, and work your way upwards slowly until all the oil is mixed in
- brox - xmr:
Recipe tags: sauce basic aioli