author: skipper-davies Lebanese-Style Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard and Lemon
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8
- 3 cups red lentils
- 12 cups water
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup of lemon juice, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In a large pot, add lentils and water and place on medium heat to boil.
- In a pan, sauté onions until pink, about 5 minutes. Add chopped Swiss chard and sauté together until chard is wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- After lentils have cooked about 8 minutes, add onion chard mixture, along with diced potatoes and zucchini to the boiling water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook until the potatoes and lentils are completely cooked, about 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped cilantro. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cumin before serving.