Recipe can be expanded or contracted to your needs. I personally divide the recipe in half to fit my 2 quart saucepan (recipe calls for a 3 quart). I recommend using Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn kernels, as they are specifically formulated to pop consistently. Follow these directions precisely, and I will guarantee you will have no burnt or unpopped kernels.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 2 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 5 min
- 🍽️ Serving 14
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (brown sugar works too)
- salt to taste
- Add oil into your saucepan and 3 popcorn kernels.
- Cover with lid and set stove to medium-high heat.
- Once all 3 kernels pop, add in the rest of your kernels and shake to coat in oil. Pour sugar directly onto the kernels.
- Shake the pot for 3 seconds, rest for 3 seconds, and repeat till the kernels start to pop steadily. Depending on your stove, you may need to lift the pot to shake.
- Once kernels start popping, shake pot every 1-2 seconds.
- Important. Once you no longer hear pops for about 3 seconds, immediately transfer into a bowl to avoid burning.