This recipe yields a batch of relatively spicy chicken thighs. If you don’t like spicy foods, you can add more honey and less sriracha. Conversely, if you like spicy foods, consider a 1:1 ratio of sriracha and honey.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 5 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 40-45 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 5-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sesame seeds as a garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Season the chicken. Rub the thighs with some olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a cold skillet, skin-side down. Cook for 15 minutes on medium-low heat without touching them.
- Prepare Sriracha sauce by stirring honey and sriracha together in a bowl.
- Flip the chicken thighs. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Place chicken thighs on baking tray (or just use skillet if using a cast-iron skillet). Drizzle the sriracha sauce on both sides of the chicken, coating it. You do not have to use all of it.
- Bake chicken thighs for 15 minutes.
- Test chicken for doneness. Chicken should reach internal temperature of 165°F.
- If chicken is near done (or done), you can baste a second time with the remaining sauce (you can make more sauce if you need) and return to oven for 5 more minutes. Do not worry about overcooking; chicken thighs are difficult to overcook.
- When chicken is done, let cool for a few minutes and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.