- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 20 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 3
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, divided
- 4 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 oz Ginger, minced
- 2 medium Green Bell Peppers
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 oz Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan Spice Blend, divided
- 4 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F. Add 1 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt to a medium pot. Cover and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Add rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (12-14 mins). Add peas halfway through cooking. When rice is done, remove pot from heat, and leave covered.
- While rice cooks, combine beef, panko, half the ginger, a quarter of the soy sauce and a third of the Moroccan spice blend. Roll mixture into 9 equal-sized meatballs. Arrange meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack in the oven until golden-brown and cooked through (8-10 mins).
- Meanwhile, core and cut the green peppers into 1/2" pieces and roughly chop cilantro. Stir together sweet chili sauce, remaining soy sauce, 1/4 cup water and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil, then onion and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened (2-3 mins). Add remaining ginger and remaining Moroccan spice blend. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (30 sec).
- Add meatballs and the stir-fry sauce to the pan with veggies. Cook, stirring gently, until sauce thickens slightly and coats meatballs (1 min). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add half the cilantro to rice, then fluff with a fork. Divide rice between plates, then top with meatballs, veggies, and any sauce in the pan. Sprinkle remaining cilantro over top.
- Joel Maxuel