Grilled Mackerel with Miso Soup and Squash
- ⏲️ Prep time: 45 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 15 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 2
- 2 Norwegian Mackerel Fillets
- 1 tbsp Sake
- 2 tbsp Miso paste
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Summer Squash
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (optional)
- Soy Sauce (optional)
- Place the mackerel fillets in a small container at room temperature. Pour sake on both sides of the fillets and let rest in the container, covered, for 30 min.
- Cut onion into large slices.
- To a saucepan, add two cups of water, sliced onions, and miso paste. Whisk the solution until the miso paste is fully dissolved.
- Bring to a boil. Let the miso soup boil for about 10-15 min, then bring to a simmer.
- While the miso boils, peel the summer squash. Cut squash into 1/4 in half moons.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp butter at medium-high heat.
- Grill squash in the pan for 5-10 min, until both sides of the squash are golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Push squash one side of the pan.
- Season each fillet with about 1 tsp of salt.
- Place the fillets in the pan with the squash. Grill each side of the mackerel for about 4 min.
- Serve with rice and soy sauce.