Grands-pères au sirop d'érable (Maple Dumplings)
- ⏲️ Prep time: 5 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 15 min
- 🍽️ Servings:5-6
- 1 cup flour
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 TB butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt until aerated and no longer clumpy.
- Work in the butter with your fingertips and add milk. Form into 5-6 balls.
- In a saucepan equipped with a lid, bring water and syrup to a simmer. Add dough balls and cover. Simmer on low 12-15 minutes.
- Avoid lifting the lid since these cook with the help of steam.