This is a hearty English breakfast, common in the UK. This recipe is made up largely of ingredients that someone would have in their fridge/cooler, although for an authentic experience, purchasing English back bacon and English sausages would be preferable.
- 🍳 Cook time: 40 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 2
- 4 raw sausages (English sausages to be authentic)
- 4 slices of bacon (English back bacon to be authentic)
- 2 eggs
- half a tin (200g) of baked beans
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 large tomato
- half a cup (120g) of button mushrooms
- Preheat your oven to 250°c or 480°F.
- Prepare you mushrooms by cutting off the ends of the woody stems, and washing them in a colander.
- Prepare your tomato by cutting off the stem, and slicing it in half.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk them until homogeneous.
- Place your sausages onto a oven tray, and begin cooking them for 15 minutes.
- Place your bacon into a cold pan and begin to cook on high.
- Once the bacon is crispy on one side, flip and begin browning on the other.
- When cooked, place the bacon onto a plate with paper towels to drain.
- If fifteen minutes have passed at this point, take the sausages out of the oven and flip them to get colour on the other side,
- Set your pan to medium, and scramble the whisked eggs in the same pan,
- Once the egg’s curd has set somewhat, push the eggs to the side of the pan and place your tomato into it (cut side down); building colour,
- Add your mushrooms to the same pan.
- Add your baked beans to a pot set to medium. Once they are simmering, they are done.
- Toast your bread as preferred.
- If half an hour has passed at this point, take your sausages out of the oven.
- Plate up by taking each ingredient and giving it its own portion on the plate.