French mustard sauce porkchops (Côtes de porc charcutières)
French bistrot style porkchops with a mustard, white wine and gherkins sauce. Very quick to cook. Serves 4
- porkchops: 4
- shallots: 2
- gerkins: a dozen medium sized ones
- white wine: 350ml | 1 ½ cup
- brown stock: 100ml | ½ cup
- mustard: 2tbsp
- vegetable oil
- Cut the shallots into small dices.
- Cut the gherkins into long strips.
- Sear the porkchops on high heat on cast iron or stainless steel pan until golden brown on each side, and cook them through on lower heat..
- Once the porkchops are cooked, set them aside in a warm environment.
- Sweat the shallots in the same pan.
- Deglaze with white wine, let it reduce until there’s about two teaspoons left.
- Add the stock.
- Add the gherkins.
- Mix in the mustard.
- Let the sauce reduce until it gets a coating consistency.
- Mix in a knob a butter.
- Put the chops back in, flip them to coat them in sauce, warm them up for 30 seconds.
- Serve with a nice mashed potato or saute potatoes.
- anon btc:
Recipe tags: french pork quick