A swiss classic for cold winter dinners. Traditionally cooked in a “Caquelon” pot and served on a candle heated stove, to keep the cheese from going solid again.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 dl (1.5 cups) white wine
- 800 g (1.7 lbs) swiss cheese (50/50 mix of Gruyère and Emmentaler recommended)
- 1 shot of kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp starch flour
- 1 loaf (~800g/~1.7 lbs) of white bread
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Rub the Pot with garlic clove.
- Cut bread into small squares.
- Put cheese, starch, wine and lemon juice in pot and melt while stiring constantly.
- Season with a bit of pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve right away.
- Stick bread squares on fondue fork one by one and stir them in the fondue.