Cheesy Pasta Bake
- ⏲️ Prep time: 15 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 1 hr
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 300-400g Pasta (Fusilli recommended but not essential)
- 50g Butter
- 100g Flour
- 200ml Milk
- 400g Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Rashers of bacon (optional)
- Grate the cheese.
- Chop up the bacon into roughly 2cm x 2cm squares.
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Start melting the butter in another saucepan.
- Once melted, add flour and mix until the mixture forms a paste that does not stick to the sides. The quantity of flour required may vary.
- Now start adding the milk slowly, while mixing, as to avoid lumps.
- Heat on low heat while stirring until the sauce becomes thick. If unsure, taste the sauce, and if you cannot taste the flour, it is ready for the next step.
- Add 80% of the cheese and stir until melted in.
- Drain the pasta and add to baking dish.
- Add the sauce and mix in.
- If using bacon, fry it up and mix into the dish, making sure to include any fat that comes out of the bacon for extra flavour.
- Use the rest of the cheese to cover the top.
- Bake at gas mark 6 for about 30 minutes.
- TechieDamien - website
Recipe tags: bacon cheese italian pasta