Cacio e Pepe (meaning cheese and pepper) is not only based but also incredibly simple, ideal for lazy neets and similarly minded people who don’t want to wash too many dishes and don’t like complicated recipes with too many extra ingredients.
- Grated Pecorino Romano
- Peppercorns (you can also use pepper but it will change the flavour)
- Cook your chosen amount of spaghetti 3-4 minutes under the time on the package according to the directions on the package or however you usually do it. See Pasta.
- Meanwhile place the peppercorns on a cutting board and mash them with a pestle.
- Place half of the peppercorns in a pan and toast them at medium heat.
- Drain the pasta, place it in the pan and save the boiling water for later use.
- Add the pasta with the pepper with 2 spoons of the water previously saved.
- Prepare the Pecorino by putting half of it a bowl with a spoon of the pasta water you saved; continue mixing the cheese with the water until a cream is formed.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add the cream and mix (you can add more water if the pasta is too dry).
- Serve on a plate with the Pecorino left before on top.