Asian Style Chicken with Sticky Sauce
Asian style crispy coated chicken with sweetish sauce recipe. Served with boiled rice.
Chicken with crispy coating
- Around 14 ounces or 400 grams of chicken breast
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp of cornflour
- 10 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- Around 5 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying the chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed to paste.
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar or alternatively white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the indgredients together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place all-purpose flour in a shallow bowl. Mix in garlic powder as well as salt and pepper, ½ tsp each.
- Place lightly beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken in corn flour, dip it in egg and finally coat with seasoned all purpose-flour.
- Heat a good amount of oil on a pan to fry the chicken in. The oil should be hot enough so that the chicken sizzles when placed in the pan. You may want to do this in a couple of batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Fry until chicken is cooked and has a nice golden-brownish coating.
- Pour out excess oil, put the sauce in and mix to coat the chicken. Or place the chicken in a bowl with kitchen towels and do another batch.
- Let the sauce bubble for one or two minutes and you’re done.
- Serve with boiled rice.
- xmr: 48QiCovstDPbHtMR5DP8tp3fUgguVUcdUX2pjbh6utt88fMe5h233ZnY7PxxdQYCjrVuCBQA2D8JBYU7rH2MdVDHFKd7QJi
- btc: 17FWEWrKuock7eeZY3DTne7LgES1uKYZK5
Recipe tags: asian chicken