Farcies tomates with rice.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 40 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 2 yellow peppers per person
- Around 120g of ground beef meat per person.
- 1 or 2 onions.
- Condiments of your choice: Parsley, origan or cumin.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper.
- Optional: Bechamel.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Empty the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Slice the top to the peppers and place them in the oven tray, you may need to slice the bottom a litte bit to make them stand together. (Hint: Put the peppers inside a pan over the oven tray).
- Cover the peppers with aluminum and cook in the oven for 1h30min.
- Meanwhile¸saute the onions, garlic and last, the meat.
- Mix with fresh tomato soup.
- When the peppers are finished, remove the aluminum, fill the peppers with the mix and cook in the oven for another 45 minutes.
- Optionally: (Not traditional!) Add the bechamel a couple of minutes before the time is up and finish cooking in the oven.
- Optionally: Instead of bechamel you can use sour cream.