Simple Chicken Curry
An easy chicken curry recipe which scales very well (double it, triple it, etc.). Best served with rice.
Spices - 1 ½ tsp Coriander - 1 tsp Cumin - ½ tsp Turmeric - ½ tsp Ground Fennel Seeds - ½ tsp Cinnamon - ½ tsp Black Pepper - ½ tsp Ginger - ¼ tsp Mustard - ¼ tsp Ground Cloves - Sriracha Sauce (optional)
Main Ingredients - ¼ cup (½ stick) Butter - 1 large Onion - 4 cloves Garlic - 2-3 cups Chicken Broth - 2-3 cups Crushed or Pureed Tomatoes - 1 ½ lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Mince the garlic and dice the onion.
- Saute onion and garlic with the butter in a pot.
- Once the onion is just beginning to brown, pour in the chicken broth and tomato and raise heat to high.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes.
- Add the chicken and the spices.
- Once the pot reaches a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- adapted from https://www.cookingclassy.com/chicken-curry/
Recipe tags: chicken curry stew