- ⏲️ Prep time: 50 - 60 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 - 40 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8
- 600 grams (g) of mealy/floury potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 tablespoons (tbsp.) of oil
- 800 g of minced lamb
- 100 g of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste/puree
- 300 milliliters (ml) beef stock
- 1 tbsp. of sweet or smoked paprika
- 30 g of butter
- 200 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes and boil in saltwater for 20 minutes. Peel the onions and carrots and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the minced meat until crumbly. Add the onions, carrots and peas. Add the tomato paste and beef stock. Stir well and season with paprika, pepper and salt.
- Drain potatoes and mash with butter. Add milk, season with nutmeg and stir until creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a casserole dish with butter, put the minced meat in it and spread the mashed potatoes on it with a piping bag. Put the dish in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Lázaro Blanc - Website | GitHub | LinkedIn | Xing
Recipe tags: english lamb pie