Schinkenfleckerl überbacken, Viennese Mac'n'Cheese
- ⏲️ Prep time: 25 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 120 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8-12
This is a recipe for a typical Austrian carb and protein bomber. This is traditionally made with ham or smoked rolled roast. This is good if you want to feed a family or if you just want to be lazy and eat the same thing for 3 or 4 days.
Serve topped with cheese on top of salad (with Mustard, Jam, Salt, 1 Vinegar, 4 Oil-Vinegrette)
- 1kg ham or smoked rolled roast
- 1kg cooked fusilli noodles or small square flat noodles (=Fleckerl)
- 500 ml cream
- 500 ml sour cream
- 1-2 eggs
- Majoran, Muskat, Pepper
- chili flakes
- Start cooking noodles.
- First slice, then cube ham into smaller than 1cm³ pieces.
- Whip cream in a big bowl.
- Add spices, eggs and sour cream to bowl and stir.
- Put ham cubes in and stir.
- Put noodles without water into bowl and mix.
- Put the mixture into one or two baking pans (with baking paper).
- Bake at ~160°C for ~2 hours.
- Optionally gratin mozzarella or any other cheese on top for 5-10 minutes.
There you have it, an idiot-proof carb and protein bomber that should taste reasonably well. Besides browning the noodles this is really just throwing stuff into a baking pan. This is the kind of dish that tastes better the next day so it’s ideal for making on a Sunday and eating for the next 3 or 4 days. Just reheat in oven or pan (add little water).
Recipe tags: austrian ham noodles