Loaded Mexican Rice
A tex-mex style mexican rice with beans and meat. Adding the beans and meat take it from a side dish to good good burrito filling. :x
- 1 Cup uncooked long grain white rice
- ½ Cup frozen peas
- ½ Cup frozen corn
- 2 Caned adobo chilies chopped
- 5 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Can of black or pinto beans
- ½ Cup ground meat (optional)
- ¼ Onion diced (optional)
- Cook rice per manufactures instructions.
- Pore enough neutral oil in a large pan to cover the bottom entirely, and turn on to medium heat.
- Once pan is hot add rice, brake up the rice to ensue there are no clumps.
- Add tomato paste and chilies to the pan, mix until rice is coated add water if needed.
- Strain and add the beans, corn, and peas; if you are adding meat and or onion do so now.
- Mix well, ensue peas and corn thaw.
- Serve hot as either a burrito or bowl with your choice of fillings/toppings.
Recipe tags: rice texmex