Drunken beans (Pintos Borrachos)
Pinto beans cooking with beer, what beer you use can change the dish.
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes. chopped
- 4 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups of pinto beans (can be dried or canned)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ¾ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chilli powder(depends how hot you like it)
- 12oz of Beer/dark ale
- Sauté onions.
- Add garlic, sauté bit longer.
- Add tomatoes, water, beans, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, beer and salt, gradually bring to boil.
- When boiled, reduce to simmer.
- When beans are al dente (about 1 hour if using dried), bring to quick boil and evaporate remaining liquid until beans are stew-like.
- Remove from the heat and mashup, or skip this step if you want more of a bean stew.
- just a dude who likes cooking
Recipe tags: beans stew