Boneless chicken marinated in a gravy of yoghurt and coriander
- ⏲️ Prep time: 30 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 20 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 3
- 500g boneless chicken breast
- 250g fat free yoghurt
- 250g coriander leaves
- Mustard oil / Sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions
- Green chillies
- Garam masala
- 2/3 Cardamom pods
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 Cinnamom stick
- Cut the boneless chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- In a mixer, put 250g coriander leaves, 2/3 green chillies, 250g yoghurt, 20g ginger, 9/10 cloves of garlic, 2 medium sized onions and mix well.
- Add the green chillies according to your taste.
- Pour half of the mixture from step 2 into a bowl and mix it thoroughly with the chicken.
- Into this chicken mixture add 1 tbsp Garam Masala and salt to taste.
- Keep the resulting marinated chicken aside for about 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan add 3 tbsp of either mustard oil or sunflower oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add 1 tbsp sugar and cook until the sugar melts into the oil.
- Add 2/3 cardamom pods, 1 small cinnamon stick, and 1 bayleaf into the hot oil.
- Simmer for about 1 minute, then lower the heat to medium.
- On medium heat, add the marinated chicken mixture and cook till oil starts separating from the chicken.
- Add salt to taste and keep stirring the chicken to make sure it does not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil separates, add the remaining mixture which was left behind after step 4.
- Stir until it has a thick consistency. Serve with naan or rice.
Recipe tags: indian lunch spicy